You can ask friends, family members and colleagues for references for a local mortgage lender in your area.
When consulting lenders and mortgage brokers, ask the following questions:
• What fees are involved?
• What types of mortgages might I qualify for?
• What interest rates are available?
• Can I lock in an interest rate? Will it cost me anything to do that?
• What are the closing costs? Can I wrap these costs into the mortgage or get the seller to help me out?
• How much cash will I have to bring to closing?
• How long will it take to process my loan?
• Are there special programs I might be eligible for?
• Ask for references?
• How many lenders do you work with? (For mortgage brokers only.)
• How are you paid? How do you make money on my loan? (For mortgage brokers only.)
Freeze or Can: Freezing vegetables and fruits are a great way to preserve the taste and benefits. Some tips include blanching, and storing them quickly in an airtight container. Canning is another